Jack Sprat Burger
Seeded Jack Sprats are delicious loaded into a brioche bun layered between beetroot chutney and horseradish mayo.
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 250ml white wine vinegar
- 250g sugar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g cooked beetroot, sliced
- 2 Bramley apples, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice the cooked beetroot and place to one side.
- Peel & dice the onions & apples and place in a saucepan with the vinegar, sugar, garlic, grated ginger, spices & lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Add the sliced beetroot, bring back to the boil and then simmer for approx. 30 minutes or until the mixture starts to gel and thicken.
- Bottle into sterilised jars & seal.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.